|Latest News||October 2016|
|Franklin Templeton Shootout Field Announced|
|Jason Dufner and Brandt Snedeker to Defend Title|
Final Round is Scheduled for Saturday, December 10
NAPLES, FL. (October 24, 2016) – Tournament host and World Golf Hall of Fame member Greg Norman announced today the 24 players set to compete in the 12-team competition at the 28th Franklin Templeton Shootout, scheduled for December 5-10, 2016.
Eight players will be competing for the first time as the longest-running PGA TOUR-sanctioned post-season event returns for the 16th year to Tiburón Golf Club at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples.
Jason Dufner and Brandt Snedeker are scheduled to defend their title. Last year, the team birdied the last two holes in Saturday’s final round, better-ball format to win by two shots over Harris English and Matt Kuchar with a 30-under-par total. Team English and Kuchar have finished first, second and second the past three years and both are currently in the field.
Other past champions in the field include recently named World Golf Hall of Fame 2017 class member and victorious Ryder Cup captain Davis Love III, Ryder Cup assistant Steve Stricker, two-time champion Jerry Kelly and three-time FTS champion Kenny Perry and his 2012 partner Sean O’Hair.
The eight players who will be competing for the first time in the Franklin Templeton Shootout include LPGA standout and the fourth ranked female golfer in the world Lexi Thompson, yesterday’s CIMB Classic winner Justin Thomas, former World No. 1 Luke Donald, two-time 2016 winner Russell Knox, reigning RSM Classic winner Kevin Kisner, TOUR Championship runner-up Kevin Chappell, reigning Shriners Hospitals for Children Open winner Smylie Kaufman and TOUR rookie Bryson DeChambeau.
Other players returning to the Shootout include eight-time TOUR winner K.J. Choi, 2014 FedExCup champion Billy Horschel, 2016 Valero Texas Open winner Charley Hoffman, 2016 FedEx St. Jude Classic winner Daniel Berger, two-time TOUR winner and eight-time Shootout participant Charles Howell III, two-time TOUR winner Gary Woodland and six-time TOUR winner Rory Sabbatini.
The 24 players in the field have a combined 11 victories in the past year on either the PGA TOUR or LPGA Tour. There are a total of 10 PGA TOUR victories and one LPGA win. Knox and Thomas were two-time winners and Berger, Dufner, Hoffman, Kaufman, Kisner, Snedeker each won once. Lexi Thompson won the Honda LPGA Thailand. Collectively, the field has 112 career PGA TOUR victories and seven LPGA victories.
Norman, who founded the tournament in 1989, played in the Shootout a tournament-record 24 times. He will compete in the Tuesday and Wednesday pro-am event.
The pairings for the 12, two-person teams will be announced in early November.
Throughout its history, the Franklin Templeton Shootout has included many of golf’s greatest players. As a premier PGA TOUR post-season event, the Shootout will once again feature a different format during each competitive round --- Scramble (Thursday), Modified Alternate Shot (Friday) and Better Ball (Saturday). This year, Golf Channel will televise Thursday and Friday live from 2 - 5PM ET and FOX will broadcast Saturday’s final round which will be live from 1 - 5 PM ET.
For the latest Franklin Templeton Shootout news and information; visit our website www.franklintempletonshootout.com, like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/franklintempletonshootout and follow us on Twitter @FTshootout.
|Franklin Templeton Shootout 5K|
Shark Shootout Charities is excited to host the 8th annual Franklin Templeton Shootout 5K presented by Greg Norman Estates! The 5K will commence on Saturday morning of the tournament and finish prior to the start of play. Participants will compete on a self-contained course within Tiburón Golf Club at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort community. Proceeds from the race will benefit CureSearch for Children's Cancer.
For more information about CureSearch for Children's Cancer and ways to get involved with the CureSearch Challenge, please visit www.curesearchchallenge.org
- Saturday, December 10, 2016
- Tiburón Golf Club at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples
- Registration/Check In: 6:30-7:15 am. Start Time: 7:30 am
- Registration Fees:
- Registration before 11/30 - $25
- 12/1 through 12/9 - $30
- Race Day - $35
- Children - 18 & Under - $10
- FGCU Students - Complimentary with Student ID
- Proceeds benefit CureSearch for Children's Cancer
|Tickets on Sale Now!|
|Don’t miss the action at Southwest Florida’s only PGA TOUR event - Choose from one of these great options!|
|*$3 handling fee on all orders*|
|ORDER IN ADVANCE AND SAVE!|
- Tuesday or Wednesday
- Advance $25, Tournament Week $30
- Thursday, Friday, or Saturday
- Advance $30, Tournament Week $35
- $90/day or $200/weekly
- Enjoy the action in the Franklin Templeton Shootout’s newest hospitality venue
- An elevated open air hospitality suite situated in a prime viewing location between the 8th and 17th greens
- Benefits include: Complimentary beer from Naples Beach Brewery, wine, soft drinks and bar snacks as well as closed circuit television of the Franklin Templeton Shootout
- $55 Thursday or Friday, $65 Saturday
- This ticket provides a reserved a seat in a skybox on the 18th Green
- Availability is limited. Call 239-254-9770
- Over 65 vouchers providing access to 10 premier golf courses in Southwest Florida at discounted rates
- Valid: Now - Dec. 31, 2016 & May 1 - Oct. 31, 2017
- Rates: $45 - $85 (inclusive of tax)
- Includes a Weekly Grounds Ticket and a Good Any One Day Parking Voucher
- VISIT WWW.FRANKLINTEMPLETONSHOOTOUT.COM
- CALL 239 254 9770
- STOP BY:
PGA TOUR SUPERSTORE, NAPLES
GREG NORMAN COLLECTION OUTLET STORE, ESTERO
- Shark Pass available for purchase
- Tickets are also available for purchase at retailers
|Naples, Marco Island and Everglades Convention & Visitors Bureau|
|Stay Connected with The Franklin Templeton Shootout|
The Franklin Templeton Shootout is on Facebook
! Follow us: @FTShootout
to join the conversation and receive up to the minute Shootout, Summer Series and player news!