|Franklin Templeton Shootout 5K|
presented by Greg Norman Estates
|Learn More »|
Second Round News & Notes
|Second-round results from the $3.1 million Franklin Templeton Shootout...Friday, December 9, 2016...7,336-yards, par 36-36--72, Tiburon Golf Club at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples, FL...54-hole PGA TOUR-sanctioned event featuring 12 two-player teams with a different format each day...Today’s format was a Modified Alternate Shot...Friday’s weather: Mostly cloudy and breezy with highs in the mid-60s. NNE wind 12-18 mph with gusts to 25 mph. Saturday’s forecast – Mostly cloudy and breezy with highs in the upper-70s. NE wind 12-18 mph with gusts to 25 mph.|
|1.||Harris English/Matt Kuchar||57-66—123||(-21)|
|2.||Jerry Kelly/Steve Stricker||56-68—124||(-20)|
|T3.||Charles Howell III/Rory Sabbatini||59-69—128||(-16)|
|T5.||Kevin Chappell/Kevin Kisner||60-68—128||(-16)|
|7.||Charley Hoffman/Billy Horschel||61-68—129||(-15)|
|T8.||Smylie Kaufman/Justin Thomas||63-66—129||(-15)|
|10.||Jason Dufner/Brandt Snedeker||60-70—130||(-14)|
|T8.||Sean O’Hair/Kenny Perry||63-68—131||(-13)|
|T8.||Luke Donald/Russell Knox||60-71—131||(-13)|
|10.||Bryson DeChambeau/Lexi Thompson||62-71—133||(-11)|
|11.||Daniel Berger/K.J. Choi||63-71—134||(-10)|
|12.||Mike Weir/Gary Woodland||63-73—136||(-8)|
NEWS & NOTES
- Harris English and Matt Kuchar, the hottest team in the Franklin Templeton Shootout the previous three years, will begin Saturday’s final round with a one-stroke advantage over Jerry Kelly and Steve Stricker, the tournament first-round leaders. English and Kuchar posted a bogey-free 6-under-par 66 and are 21-under-par through two rounds. The leaders held a four-stroke advantage over Kelly and Stricker after 11 holes, but were unable to make another birdie over their final seven holes. Meanwhile Kelly and Stricker closed the gap to one stroke with birdies at 14, 16 and 17.
- Harris English and Matt Kuchar are a combed 114-under-par through 11 rounds as a team here at the Tiburon Golf Club at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort. They won here in 2013 and were runners-up in both 2014 and 2015.
- Since the final round was switched to a better-ball format in 2014, the team of Harris English and Matt Kuchar have posted rounds of 58, 62 and 63 and are a combined 33- under-par.
- The team leading after 36 holes has won this event four of the last five years. The exception was last year when Jason Dufner and Brandt Snedeker closed with an 11- under-par 61 to overcome the one-stroke lead by the team of Daniel Berger and Charley Hoffman. Prior to that, the last team to come from behind in the final round was Ian Poulter and Dustin Johnson in 2010. They trailed by just one stroke after 36 holes.
- The only other team to play a bogey-free round on Friday was Charley Hoffman and Billy Horschel. They posted a 4-under-par 68.
- The team of Smylie Kaufman and Justin Thomas matched the day’s low round with Harris English and Matt Kuchar. They shot a 6-under-par 66 and are currently T5.
- Saturday’s format will be Better Ball. Each player plays through every hole using his or her own ball. The lowest score on each hole with be the team score for that hole. The best score in that format was a 57 by Craig Stadler and Lanny Wadkins in 1996.
- None of the 12 teams was able to record an eagle on Friday.
- The winning team will split $770,000 ($385,000 each).
- Saturday’s final round will be telecast by Fox from 1:00-5:00 p.m. (Eastern).
- The Franklin Templeton Shootout 5K presented by Greg Norman Estates will be held at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday with the start and finish line located at the Main Gate of the tournament.
|About Franklin Templeton Investments|
|Franklin Resources, Inc. [NYSE:BEN] is a global investment management organization operating as Franklin Templeton Investments. Franklin Templeton Investments provides global and domestic investment management to retail, institutional and sovereign wealth clients in over 180 countries. Through specialized teams, the company has expertise across all asset classes—including equity, fixed income, alternative and custom solutions. The company’s more than 600 investment professionals are supported by its integrated, worldwide team of risk management professionals and global trading desk network. With offices in 35 countries, the California–based company has more than 65 years of investment experience and over $733 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2016.|
|About The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples|
|The Forbes Four Star, AAA Four Diamond Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples is renowned for its exceptional personalized service, inventive cuisine and luxurious accommodations, with panoramic views of the adjacent Greg Norman-designed Tiburón Golf Club. The 295-room Mediterranean-style resort, ranked as one of the top hotels in the U.S. by U.S. New & World Report is home to a pair of 18-hole signature Greg Norman golf courses at Tiburón. The course is the host location for both the annual PGA TOUR Franklin Templeton Shootout, held in December and the LPGA’s CME Group Tour Championship, held in November.
Click here to return to The Franklin Templeton Shootout News Index.