|Franklin Templeton Shootout 5K|
presented by Greg Norman Estates
|Learn More »|
Height: 5 ft, 9 in|
Weight: 165 lbs
College: Northwestern University (2001, Art Theory and Practice)
Turned Pro: 2001
Birthplace: Hemel Hempstead, England
- Earned degree in art theory and practice at Northwestern University. Donated one of his paintings to a PGATOUR.COM auction, and the winning bid was $1,640, which was split between PGA TOUR Charities and junior golf charity in Chicago
- Involved with The First Tee of Chicago and the Ronald McDonald House of Chicago
- Director for the Western Golf Association, the organization behind the Evans Scholars Foundation that provides college scholarships for caddies. A driving force behind bringing the 2013 and 2015 BMW Championship to his home course, Conway Farms Golf Club, outside Chicago
- Luke Donald Collection wines debuted in 2008 to strong reviews.
|PGA TOUR Victories|
|(5) 2012 Transitions Championship. 2011 World Golf Championships-Accenture Match Play Championship. 2011 Children's Miracle Network Hospitals Classic. 2006 The Honda Classic. 2002 Southern Farm Bureau Classic. |
|(8) 2004 Scandinavian Masters [Eur], Omega European Masters [Eur]. 2010 Madrid Masters [Eur]. 2011 BMW PGA Championship [Eur], Barclays Scottish Open. 2012 BMW PGA Championship [Eur], Dunlop Phoenix [Jpn]. 2013 Dunlop Phoenix [Jpn].|
|(2) 2004 World Cup [with Paul Casey]. 2005 Target World Challenge.|
|2016 PGA TOUR Money & Position |
- Extended his streak of FedExCup Playoff apperances to a perfect 10-of-10, one of 16 players who has accomplished this feat, thanks to four top-25 finishes in 20 starts through the Wyndham Championship. Of those, two were runner-up showings. Kept himself alive through the first three of four Playoffs events, before ending his season after the BMW Championship at No. 58 in the FedExCup standings
- At the European Tour's British Masters in October 2015, posted weekend rounds of 65-69 at Woburn GC to earn a top-five showing, a T5 with Kiradech Aphibarnrat, Marcus Fraser and Mike Lorenzo-Vera, four strokes short of winner Matthew Fitzpatrick
- Shared the first-round lead at the RBC Heritage (5-under 66) with eventual-champion Branden Grace. Later carried a one-stroke lead into the final round over Jason Kokrak and Charley Hoffman before a final-round even-par 71 left him in a tie for second place, two strokes behind Grace. It marked his sixth top-three finish (four runner-up and two third-place finishes) in 12 starts at the RBC Heritage. Has now held three 54-hole leads at the RBC Heritage (2016, 2014, 2011) and failed to convert any into victory. Including all four rounds at the 2016 RBC Heritage, 29 of his last 31 rounds at Harbour Town have been even-par or better. The T2 finished marked his first top-10 on the PGA TOUR since the 2015 Travelers Championship (T7)
- Recorded his second runner-up performance of the season thanks to rounds of 65-68-64-67 at the Wyndham Championship. Started the week at No. 99 in the FedExCup Playoffs and moved to No. 48 entering the Playoffs. Aced the 16th hole in round one from 163 yards, using a 9-iron marking his first ace on the PGA TOUR. The ace at No. 16 also won Donald “Vacations For Life” courtesy of Wyndham Vacation Ownership. The prize included one vacation ownership interest in Club Wyndham Access, providing a lifetime of vacations and access to resorts throughout the U.S. and around the world.
Click here to return to The Franklin Templeton Shootout Player Index.