Height: 6 ft, 2 in|
Weight: 205 lbs
College: Western Kentucky University
Turned Pro: 1982
Birthplace: Elizabethtown, Kentucky
- Took up golf at age 7 with encouragement from his father, who spent hours teeing balls up for him
- Recipient of the 2009 Payne Stewart Award as well as the 2002 Charles Bartlett Award, given to a professional golfer for his unselfish contributions to the betterment of society, by the Golf Writers Association of America. Donates five percent of his winnings to Lipscomb University in Nashville, Tenn., to provide scholarships for Simpson County students. He also built Kenny Perry's Country Creek GC, a public course in his hometown of Franklin, Ky. In 1995, he bought 142 acres of land and borrowed more than $2.5 million to design and build the only public course in the town. He designed it for mid-to-high handicappers and kept it affordable, including 18 holes with a cart is $30 on weekdays. Works from time to time behind the counter and is often asked, "Do you know Kenny Perry?"
- Was also honored by The Community Foundation of South Central Kentucky in July 2014 as its Southcentral Kentuckian of the Year for his charitable endeavors in his community
- Is a big drag racing fan and also a fan of '68 Camaros
- Hosts the annual Kenny Perry Charity Golf Invitational, benefiting the Boys & Girls Club of Franklin-Simpson
- Some of his favorite golf courses are Muirfield Village, Augusta National, The Club at Olde Stone and Country Creek.
|PGA TOUR Champions Victories|
|(8) 2015 3M Championship. 2014 Regions Tradition. 2014 3M Championship. 2013 Constellation SENIOR PLAYERS Championship. 2013 U.S. Senior Open Championship. 2013 AT&T Championship. 2012 ACE Group Classic. 2011 SAS Championship. |
|PGA TOUR Victories|
|(14) 2009 FBR Open. 2009 Travelers Championship. 2008 the Memorial Tournament presented by Morgan Stanley. 2008 Buick Open. 2008 John Deere Classic. 2005 Bay Hill Invitational Presented by MasterCard. 2005 Bank of America Colonial. 2003 Bank of America Colonial. 2003 the Memorial Tournament. 2003 Greater Milwaukee Open. 2001 Buick Open. 1995 Bob Hope Chrysler Classic. 1994 New England Classic. 1991 Memorial Tournament. |
|(1) 2011 Wendy's 3-Tour Challenge [with Mark Calcavecchia, Jay Haas].|
|(3) 2005 Franklin Templeton Shootout [with John Huston]. 2008 Franklin Templeton Shootout [with Scott Hoch]. 2012 Franklin Templeton Shootout [with Sean O'Hair].|
|2016 PGA TOUR Champions Money & Position |
- Posted closing rounds of 66-67 which led to a T6 finish in his first start of the year at the Mitsubishi Electric Championship at Hualalai
- Had a nice effort at the Chubb Classic in Naples where three consecutive sub-par rounds led to a T3 finish
- Was T10 with partner Scott Hoch at the Bass Pro Shops Legends of Golf
- Opened with an 8-under-par 64 and added a second-round 2-under-par 70 to lead after the two opening rounds at the Regions Tradition but fell off the pace over the weekend and eventually finished T23
- Made a double eagle in the second round of the Senior PGA Championship. Used driver, 5-iron from 227 yards on the fifth hole at Harbor Shores for the first double eagle of his career.
Click here to return to The Franklin Templeton Shootout Player Index.